April 02, 2011

Something to aspire to - Knitting and Crochet Blog Week Day 6


"Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant?"

There are many knitting techniques that I would love to learn; I wrote about some of them last year. I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked, but in the future, I'm going to choose projects that will give me the chance to learn some new things.

my spinning wheel

The skill that I'm really excited about however is spinning. I learned the basics a year ago, I got a spinning wheel and I haven't really spent a lot of time spinning. So that's what I want to learn. I want to spin even, thin yarn. I want to learn different ways of plying. I want to try different fibers to see which ones I like. And, I want to knit with the yarn I spin, because that's what I love about spinning: the unique look of handspun yarn that makes every project beautiful!

Handspun: FatCatKnits Merino - Rosewood

"Υπάρχει κάποιο σχέδιο ή τεχνική που δεν νιώθεις ακόμα άνετα να δοκιμάσεις, αλλά που θα ήθελες να προσπαθήσεις κάποια στιγμή στο μέλλον, κοντινό ή μακρινό;"

Υπάρχουν πολλές τεχνικές στο πλέξιμο που θα ήθελα να μάθω. Έγραψα για κάποιες από αυτές πέρυσι. Δεν έχω κάνει την πρόοδο που θα ήθελα, αλλά στο μέλλον θέλω να διαλέξω σχέδια που θα μου δώσουν την ευκαιρία να μάθω καινούρια πράγματα.

Αυτό όμως που θέλω πολύ να μάθω είναι το spinning - να φτιάχνω νήματα μόνη μου. Έμαθα τα βασικά πριν ένα χρόνο, έχω όλο τον εξοπλισμό και παρόλα αυτά, δεν έχω ασχοληθεί πολύ. Οπότε αυτό θέλω να μάθω. Θέλω να φτιάχνω ομοιόμορφα, λεπτά νήματα. Θέλω να μάθω τους τρόπους που τυλίγονται οι κλωστές μεταξύ τους. Θέλω να δοκιμάσω διάφορα υλικά και να δω ποια μου αρέσουν. Και θέλω επίσης να πλέξω με τα νήματα που θα φτιάξω, γιατί τελικά αυτό είναι που μου αρέσει: η πολύ ιδιαίτερη εμφάνιση των χειροποίητων νημάτων που κάνει κάθε πλεκτό να ξεχωρίζει!

Handspun: FatCatKnits Merino - Rosewood

To see more posts from Day 6 of the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, you can Google the code 2KCBWDAY6.

Για να δείτε περισσότερες αναρτήσεις από την έκτη ημέρα της Εβδόμαδας Blogging για Πλέξιμο, μπορείτε να ψάξετε στο Google τον κωδικό 2KCBWDAY6.

8 comments:

  1. That yarn is so pretty. Spinning seems like so much fun XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn is very pretty...I like the color combination...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors of your spun silk are beautiful! I love handspun and I'm seriously thinking of getting a spinning wheel myself. If I only had more space...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing handspun yarn always makes me happy. You have a fantastic eye for color, so I suspect you'll be spinning piles of gorgeous yarns in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great goal to have so go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful yarn! I haven't tried my hand at spinning yet. There's another thing to add to my list :) Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I'd like to learn how to spin one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spinning is great fun, I've been doing it for a couple of years now and I've so far worked out that I love animal fibres (Merino, Romney, Yak) and I'm not so keen on the man-made ones and that Cotton and I need more time together to get over our initial aversion.

    ReplyDelete