April 21, 2011

The socks that took almost two years to finish

I really enjoyed all your comments on yesterday's post! It's so nice to know this happens to other knitters and thank you for your suggestions; I love them!

I finally got some pictures of a pair of socks I finished a while ago. These were the first socks I ever knit and after ripping out the first one a few times, until I got it right, I really didn't feel like knitting the second one. Almost two years later though, I decided it was time to finish them and I'm happy I did! I must say, these socks really fit well, so all the work was really worth it in the end! The original post for these socks is here, from May 2009!

first socks

Χάρηκα πάρα πολύ με όλα τα σχόλιά σας στην χθεσινή μου ανάρτηση! Είναι ωραίο να ξέρω ότι συμβαίνει το ίδιο σε πολλές πλέκτριες και σας ευχαριστώ πολύ για τις προτάσεις σας, μου άρεσαν πολύ!

Έβγαλα επιτέλους μερικές φωτογραφίες από ένα ζευγάρι κάλτσες που τελείωσα πριν λίγο καιρό. Είναι οι πρώτες κάλτσες που έπλεξα και αφού έκανα την πρώτη μερικές φορές, μέχρι να την πετύχω, δεν είχα καθόλου όρεξη να πλέξω και τη δεύτερη. Σχεδόν δύο χρόνια μετά όμως, αποφάσισα ότι ήταν καιρός να τις τελειώσω και χαίρομαι πολύ που το έκανα! Οι κάλτσες αυτές είναι πολύ άνετες, οπότε άξιζαν όλο τον κόπο! Η πρώτη ανάρτηση που έκανα για αυτές τις κάλτσες είναι εδώ, από τον Μάιο 2009!

first socks

Pattern // Σχέδιο: Sock Recipe by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee from Knitting Rules
Yarn // Νήμα: Four Seasons Gründl Hot Socks
Needles // Βελόνες: 2mm

first socks

I'm looking forward to spending a few days with my family and knitting my new red socks! I'll be back next week with another finished pair of socks, an update on my new shawl, pictures from a knitting meeting and some gorgeous new yarn! I hope you all enjoy the holidays and have a wonderful time!

Χαίρομαι πολύ που θα περάσω μερικές μέρες με την οικογένειά μου και ανυπομονώ να συνεχίσω τις καινούριες μου κόκκινες κάλτσες! Θα επιστρέψω την επόμενη εβδομάδα με ένα ακόμα ζευγάρι κάλτσες, περισσότερα για το καινούριο μου σάλι, φωτογραφίες από συνάντηση πλεξίματος και ένα πανέμορφο καινούριο νήμα! Ελπίζω να περάσετε όμορφα αυτές τις μέρες με τα αγαπημένα σας πρόσωπα!

5 comments:

  1. Those socks are so adorable. I really like them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue and purple combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in the socks -- and I'm so impressed that you were able to make the striping match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And they look great! Good you finally finished them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You matched them up so well! And that with two years between them? Oh my goodness, how did you manage that? I think that's truly amazing.
    So well done to pick up the second sock after that long, they look gorgeous: well worth the effort!
    I can't do second socks, I just can't, it's beyond me. I have to cast on both at the same time (2 sets of DPNs) and knit a bit on one then the other: it's the only way that works for me. Best of luck for your next project!

    ReplyDelete