April 06, 2011

And another shawl...

There's something about spring. New ideas, new projects - I'm casting on things like crazy and I can't stop thinking about knitting! I'm also designing a shawl pattern, it's still on paper but I'm making progress with the numbers and all the details. I hope to cast on in a few days and I'll write more about it soon. I'm very excited!

I also started another Damson shawl. I loved the one I made this winter for a friend and the pattern looked great in Wollmeise Twin, so I'm making another one for me! I read some comments on Ravelry that people needed more than one skein of sock yarn for this pattern, so the Wollmeise is a good choice. Each skein of this sock yarn is 150 gr, making it perfect for projects that need a little bit extra yarn. And I love this color, Amethyst Light.

Amethyst Damson

Κάτι έχει η άνοιξη. Νέες ιδέες, καινούρια πλεκτά - ξεκινάω το ένα μετά το άλλο σαν τρελή και δεν μπορώ να σταματήσω να σκέφτομαι το πλέξιμο! Σχεδιάζω επίσης ένα σάλι, ακόμα στο χαρτί δουλεύω αλλά προχωράει καλά, είναι κάποιες λεπτομέρειες και νούμερα που θέλω να υπολογίσω πριν ξεκινήσω. Ελπίζω να αρχίσω το πλέξιμο σε λίγες μέρες και θα σας πω περισσότερα σύντομα. Είμαι πολύ ενθουσιασμένη!

Ξεκίνησα επίσης ένα ακόμα σάλι Damson. Μου άρεσε πάρα πολύ αυτό που έφτιαξα το χειμώνα για μια φίλη μου και το σχέδιο έδειχνε τέλειο με το νήμα Wollmeise Twin που χρησιμοποίησα. Έτσι αποφάσισα να φτιάξω άλλο ένα, για μένα! Διάβασα μερικά σχόλια στο Ravelry ότι κάποιες χρειάστηκαν λίγο παραπάνω από μια μπάλα νήματος για κάλτσες, οπότε το Wollmeise είναι καλή επιλογή. Είναι 150 γρ το καθένα και είναι τέλειο για σχέδια που χρειάζονται αυτό το λίγο παραπάνω νήμα. Και λατρεύω το χρώμα, λέγεται Amethyst Light.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely shawl. You're so right about spring knitting. Also, I only recently heard of Wollmeise yarn. It isn't widely available here, but I can't wait to try it as soon as I can get my hands on some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Πολυ ωραιο το σαλι σου! Εχει οντως το μωβ του αμεθυστου !! Υπεροχο !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Την ιδια τρελα αισθανομαι και εγω αυτες τις μερες, μονο η λιγη ψύχρα τα βράδια μου δινει κουραγιο να τελειωσω τα χειμωνιάτικα πλεκτα μου που επειδη ξερω οτι δεν θα προλαβω να τα φορεσω χανω το ενδιαφερον μου για αυτα.
    Λες να εχουμε κατι; μηπως να μας δει ενας γιατρος;
    χα!χα!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Think I'll take a closer look at that Damson on Ravelry! Love knitting with sock yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour. I look forward to seeing this one grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect color for a Damson...plum! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There seems to be a lot of interest in shawls all the sudden. I started one yesterday.

    I adore that color.

    And I can't wait to see your design. One of these days I'm going to design a sock pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been starting a lot of projects in the last little while too. I like the colour of your new shawl. Looking forward to seeing the one you are designing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. το χρώμα είναι φανταστικό!

    ReplyDelete