April 15, 2011

From yarn to sock - Cupid Monkeys

My post about colors in hand dyed yarn and how they look in a sock was quite popular, so I thought I would do it again! The yarn is Yarn Love Juliet, a classic sock yarn - superwash wool and nylon. Yarn Love changed the yarn base for Juliet recently, to superwash merino and nylon. This skein has the old base. The colorway is Cupid and it looks so bright and cheerful, it's perfect for spring knitting. This is the sock I took to Athens.

yarn

Η ανάρτηση που έκανα για το πώς φαίνονται στην κάλτσα τα χρώματα, από νήμα βαμμένο στο χέρι, ήταν αρκετά δημοφιλής, οπότε σκέφτηκα να το ξανακάνω! Το νήμα αυτή τη φορά είναι το Yarn Love Juliet - ένα κλασσικό νήμα για κάλτσες, μάλλινο με νάυλον. Η εταιρία άλλαξε λίγο το νήμα αυτό πρόσφατα, πλέον είναι μερίνο με νάυλον. Το δικό μου είναι πιο παλιό, με απλό μαλλί. Το χρώμα λέγεται Cupid και είναι τόσο φωτεινό και χαρούμενο - τέλειο για την άνοιξη. Είναι η κάλτσα που πήρα μαζί μου στην Αθήνα.

yarn

All the colors in the skein...

Όλα τα χρώματα...

yarn

The yarn in the ball, the colors are all mixed up...

Το νήμα σε μπάλα, όλα τα χρώματα έχουν ανακατευτεί...

yarn

And the sock! Pattern is Monkey by Cookie A. from Knitty. Size small - 64 sts. Needles 2 mm, I'm a loose knitter.

The pooling is interesting and I really like it. It helped preserve all the individual colors that were in the skein.The overall effect is still mostly yellow, but there are pink sections and greener sections that help those colors stand out. I love this sock!

I'm going to start the second one today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

monkey socks

Και η κάλτσα! Το σχέδιο λέγεται Monkey της Cookie A. από το Knitty. Είναι το μικρό μέγεθος, με 64 πόντους. Βελόνες 2mm, πλέκω πολύ χαλαρά.

Τα χρώματα έχουν πολύ ενδιαφέρον και μου αρέσουν πολύ. Διατηρήθηκαν όλα τα χρώματα που υπήρχαν στο νήμα. Η γενικότερη εντύπωση είναι βέβαια ότι η κάλτσα είναι κίτρινη, αλλά υπάρχουν περιοχές με ροζ και πράσινο, που βοηθάνε αυτά τα χρώματα να ξεχωρίζουν. Μου αρέσει πολύ αυτή η κάλτσα!

Θα ξεκινήσω τη δεύτερη κάλτσα σήμερα! Καλό σαββατοκύριακο σας εύχομαι!

monkey socks in Cupid

4 comments:

  1. my favourite 'stage' of this yarn is the sock stage. It looks like a flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that is really pretty yarn, and I agree, the poling in this sock is nice, rather than a deterrent. Also, thanks for stopping by my blog. I ended up throwing it all away, so no more of that poopy wool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta like those bright, cheery colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s some beautiful yarn and I like the pooling with the pattern, too!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete