July 09, 2010

Celebration socks

Celebration socks

I love these socks! I love the colors, the stripes that match, the stripey toes - they're perfect. After the disaster with the previous socks I knit with this yarn, I made these a lot smaller and the size is perfect.

Celebration socks

I cast on 60 stitches on 1,75 mm needles. The yarn is very stretchy and I'm a loose knitter. The fabric is nice and feels sturdy too. It's not too tight and it does stretch but not too much.

Celebration socks

Λατρεύω αυτές τις κάλτσες! Το χρώμα, οι ρίγες που είναι ασορτί, οι ρίγες στα δάχτυλα - είναι τέλειες. Μετά την αποτυχία με τις προηγούμενες κάλτσες που έφτιαξα με αυτό το νήμα, τις έκανα αυτές πολύ μικρότερες και το μέγεθος είναι τέλειο.

Ξεκίνησα με 60 πόντους σε βελόνες 1,75 mm. Το νήμα είναι πολύ ελαστικό και πλέκω χαλαρά. Το ύφασμα είναι ωραίο και μου φαίνεται γερό. Δεν είναι πολύ σφιχτό και έχει ελαστικότητα αλλά όχι πάρα πολύ.

Celebration socks

Pattern // Σχέδιο: Sock Recipe from Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn // Νήμα: Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett in Landscape Celebration
Needles // Βελόνες: 1,75 mm

Details: 60 stitches, 2x2 rib, slip stitch heel, decreased toe to 16 stitches total (8 on top, 8 on the bottom of the foot).

Λεπτομέρειες: 60 πόντοι, λάστιχο 2 πόντοι από την καλή κ 2 από την ανάποδη, φτέρνα με σχέδιο που αφήνει κάποιους πόντους άπλεκτους για μια σειρά (κάνει πιο γερό το ύφασμα), στα δάχτυλα μείωσα μέχρι τους 16 πόντους (8 πάνω, 8 κάτω).

Celebration socks

7 comments:

  1. I love that colourway. I think I was too late to the sale to get any of the tasteful colourways :) That one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these socks. And the previous ones. The colours are great. I made some that were too big and I wear them around the house with my pyjamas in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are what I call the sherbert colors, and I just love them. I'm glad they found the right pattern and size!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your socks are lush! - did you decrease evenly on both sides when working your toe decreases ?

    ReplyDelete