July 07, 2010

More inspiration

I'm feeling very creative and there are so many new beautiful patterns and projects in books and online. Here are some of my favorite things...

From the Purl Bee - a new tutorial to make a very cute fabric necklace. I wish I knew how to use a sewing machine. I have a few little pieces of fabric that would work and I hope I'll be able to sew it by hand. Doesn't it look like the perfect thing to wear with a white T-shirt and jeans?

The Crow Waltz Shawl and the Rectangular Crow Waltz Shawl, both by Juju Vail. They are available for free from the Loop Knit Lounge. They look so pretty in the Old Maiden Aunt yarn, I'm once again wishing I wasn't allergic to alpaca. There are so many nice yarns though, I'm sure I'll find something to use ;)

For a more summery shawl, I love the Maia Shoulderette by Rosemary Hill. I have some handpainted yarns that would look lovely in this pattern. I really like the leaf pattern that goes in many directions - it's something different that really makes it stand out. One more thing to my Ravelry queue!

Another summer project I want to knit is the Watershed cardigan by Amy Swenson. I would like to make it in mercerized cotton; I think it would look lovely in a bright color or light gray.

A very cute book filled with adorable little projects - Whip Up Mini Quilts. Yes, I don't sew and yes, I've ordered the book. I first saw it on Moonstitches' blog, the leaf quilt on the cover is her design. Everything in the book looked so pretty and I couldn't resist! Even if I don't make anything from it soon, it will be wonderful for ideas and inspiration.

I'm also looking forward to getting the new Rowan magazine that just came out. I absolutely love the colorwork patterns, like the one on the cover.

And... Ysolda Teague posted an interview she did for Let's Knit2gether on her blog . It's fun and interesting; she shows many of her designs, including some of the patterns that will be in her new book. The new patterns look great, you can also see two of them in this post. Her designs really look good on everyone and I think it's great that she has so many sizes in her patterns.

I wish I had a hundred hours every day for knitting and sewing and making things!

fabric and yarn

Old clothes that I will cut up to make the necklace. I keep things if they're a nice cotton fabric with pretty prints (from the top: a piece from a summer top, a shirt and a skirt).

Παλιά ρούχα που θα κόψω για να φτιάξω ένα κολιέ. Κρατάω πράγματα αν είναι βαμβακερό και καλό το ύφασμα με όμορφα σχέδια (από πάνω: ένα κομμάτι από καλοκαιρινό μπλουζάκι, ένα πουκάμισο και μια φούστα).


Ακόμα περισσότερη έμπνευση

Νιώθω πολύ δημιουργική αυτές τις μέρες και υπάρχουν πάρα πολλά καινούρια σχέδια και άλλες καλλιτεχνικές ιδέες. Σκέφτηκα να μοιραστώ μερικά από τα αγαπημένα μου μαζί σας.

Από το Purl Bee βρήκα αυτές τις οδηγίες βήμα βήμα για την κατασκευή ενός πολύ όμορφου υφασμάτινου κολιέ. Μακάρι να ήξερα να ράβω σε ραπτομηχανή. Έχω μερικά υφάσματα που νομίζω ότι ταιριάζουν και ελπίζω να μπορέσω να το ράψω στο χέρι. Δεν θα δείχνει τέλειο με ένα άσπρο μπλουζάκι και τζιν;

Δύο πανέμορφα σχέδια, για σάλι και κασκόλ. Λέγονται Crow Waltz Shawl και Rectangular Crow Waltz Shawl. Και τα δύο είναι σχεδιασμένα από την Juju Vail. Είναι δωρέαν, στην ιστοσελίδα Loop Knit Lounge. Είναι τόσο όμορφα με το νήμα που διάλεξε η σχεδιάστρια, το Old Maiden Aunt και για μια ακόμα φορά εύχομαι να ήμουν αλλεργική στο alpaca. Υπάρχουν πολλά όμορφα νήματα όμως, είμαι σίγουρη ότι θα βρω κάτι να χρησιμοποιήσω ;)

Για πιο καλοκαιρινό σάλι, λατρεύω το Maia Shoulderette της Rosemary Hill. Έχω μερικά νήματα βαμμένα στο χέρι που θα δείξουν πολύ όμορφα με αυτό το σχέδιο. Μου αρέσει πάρα πολύ το σχέδιο με τα φύλλα που απλώνεται σε πολλές κατευθύνσεις. Είναι κάτι διαφορετικό και πραγματικά ξεχωρίζει. Οπότε ένα ακόμα πράγμα στη λίστα με τα πλεκτά που θέλω να φτιάξω!

Άλλο καλοκαιρινό πλεκτό που θέλω είναι το ζακετάκι Watershed της Amy Swenson. Θέλω να το φτιάξω σε γυαλιστερό βαμβάκι - σε κάποιο έντονο χρώμα ή απαλό γκρι.

Ένα πολύ χαριτωμένο βιβλίο γεμάτο με αξιαγάπητες μικρές δημιουργίες - το Whip Up Mini Quilts. Ναι, είπα ότι δεν ξέρω να ράβω και ναι, το έχω παραγγείλει το βιβλίο. Το είδα πρώτη φορά στο blog Moonstitches. Το κουβερτάκι στο εξώφυλλο με τα φύλλα είναι δικό της σχέδιο. Όλα τα σχέδια είναι τόσο όμορφα που δεν μπορούσα να αντισταθώ! Ακόμα και αν δεν φτιάξω κάτι σύντομα, θα είναι τέλειο το βιβλίο για ιδέες και έμπνευση.

Ανυπομονώ να πάρω και το καινούριο περιοδικό Rowan που μόλις βγήκε. Λατρεύω τα πολύχρωμα σχέδια, όπως αυτό στο εξώφυλλο.

Και τέλος, η Ysolda Teague έχει μια συνέντευξή της στο Let's Knit2gether στο blog της. Είναι πολύ ενδιαφέρουσα συνέντευξη και δείχνει πολλά από τα σχέδιά της καθώς και μερικά από τα σχέδια που θα είναι στο καινούριο της βιβλίο. Τα νέα σχέδια δείχνουν υπέροχα, μπορείτε να δείτε δύο από αυτά εδώ. Τα σχέδιά της δείχνουν ωραία σε όλες όσες τα φοράνε και νομίζω ότι είναι φανταστικό που τα βγάζει πάντα σε πάρα πολλά μεγέθη.

Εύχομαι να είχα 100 ώρες κάθε μέρα για να πλέκω και να ράβω και να φτιάχνω πράγματα!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a hundred hours every day for knitting and sewing and making things!

    agree (10000)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully agree on the hundreds of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a ton of those on my to-knit list as well! It's crazy how many patterns I want to make... definitely not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete