January 24, 2012

Lots of projects and new socks

I haven't worked on my Damson shawl for a few days, for two reasons. The first is very annoying - my needle broke, where the cable connects to the needle tip. At least it wasn't my fault, unlike last time. Then my father asked me to knit him a hat, so I've been knitting that these days. I hope I can finish it today or tomorrow, because he also requested a scarf! I'm very happy, these are the first things I'm knitting for him and he's very excited about them.

I chose the yarn for the scarf and asked him if he liked it. He did, so I went to the yarn store last week and got more of it. Choosing a pattern wasn't so easy. I spent a lot of time looking at patterns for men, there aren't that many to choose from. I saw some lovely patterns with cables, but I'll try that another time. My goal is to knit this as fast as I can, so that he can wear it this winter. I finally decided to knit the Staggered Rib scarf (Ravelry) - simple but not boring, looks great and I hope it will be a fairly fast project to knit.

I've also been knitting a new pair of socks. I've wanted to knit the Mixalot socks (Ravelry) ever since I saw the pattern and I couldn't resist any longer. It does help my wrist to not knit with the same yarn and needles for a long time, so I've been knitting a few rows of the socks, which I'm also doing at the same time. I've made some progress since I took these pictures; one sock is past the heel now. I'm using lots of mini skeins from Laughing Yaffle, they all have some green in them.

The hat and scarf for my father are my first knitting priority, although I would also like to finish my Damson by the February 14th KAL deadline. I only have a few rows left though, so it will only need 2-3 days of knitting. There is something about the cold weather that really makes me (even more) excited about knitting. I can't wait to finish these new projects!

mixalot socks

Δεν έχω πλέξει το σάλι Damson εδώ και μερικές μέρες για δύο λόγους. Ο πρώτος είναι εκνευριστικός - έσπασε η βελόνα μου, εκεί που ενώνεται η μύτη με το καλώδιο. Τουλάχιστον αυτή τη φορά δεν φταίω εγώ, όπως την προηγούμενη φορά. Μετά μου ζήτησε ο πατέρας μου να του πλέξω ένα σκουφάκι, οπότε τις τελευταίες μέρες πλέκω αυτό. Ελπίζω να το τελειώσω σήμερα ή αύριο, επειδή μου ζήτησε και κασκόλ! Είμαι πολύ χαρούμενη, είναι τα πρώτα πράγματα που του πλέκω και είναι πολύ ενθουσιασμένος.

Διάλεξα το νήμα για το κασκόλ και του το έδειξα. Του άρεσε οπότε πήγα στο μαγαζί και πήρα. Η αναζήτηση όμως του σχεδίου δεν ήταν τόσο εύκολη. Αφιέρωσα πολύ χρόνο κοιτάζοντας σχέδια για άντρες, δυστυχώς δεν υπάρχουν πάρα πολλά. Είδα μερικά υπέροχα κασκόλ με πλεξούδες, αλλά αυτό θα το δοκιμάσω άλλη φορά. Ο στόχος είναι να το πλέξω γρήγορα και να το φορέσει φέτος το χειμώνα. Τελικά διάλεξα το Staggered Rib Scarf (Ravelry) - είναι απλό αλλά όχι βαρετό, πολύ όμορφο και ελπίζω να μπορέσω να το πλέξω σχετικά γρήγορα.

Πλέκω επίσης ένα ζευγάρι κάλτσες. Ήθελα να δοκιμάσω το σχέδιο Mixalot (Ravelry) από τότε που το είδα και δεν μπορούσα να αντισταθώ άλλο. Βοηθάει και το χέρι μου να μην πλέκω συνέχεια με το ίδιο νήμα και τις ίδιες βελόνες, οπότε πλέκω κάθε μέρα μερικές σειρές στις κάλτσες, τις οποίες πλέκω ταυτόχρονα. Έχω πλέξει και άλλο από τότε που έβγαλα τη φωτογραφία, η μια κάλτσα έχει προχωρήσει μετά τη φτέρνα. Χρησιμοποιώ μικρές μπαλίτσες από νήμα για κάλτσες Laughing Yaffle και όλες έχουν λίγο πράσινο.

Το σκουφάκι και το κασκόλ του πατέρα μου είναι η πρώτη μου προτεραιότητα αν και θα ήθελα να τελειώσω και το σάλι πριν την προθεσμία του διαγωνισμού, στις 14 Φεβρουαρίου. Έχω μόνο μερικές σειρές ακόμα, δεν θα μου πάρει πάνω από 2-3 μέρες. Κάτι παθαίνω όταν κάνει κρύο και ενθουσιάζομαι ακόμα περισσότερο με το πλέξιμο. Ανυπομονώ πολύ να τελειώσω όλα αυτά τα καινούρια πλεκτά!

4 comments:

  1. You are always so busy w/fun projects :O).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Staggered Rib Scarf is a really nice choice for a man's scarf - easy, yet beautiful and manly. I knit it this winter too for my son. Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pattern for the scarf. If you're looking for a hat pattern that looks great on men, I've knit a few Christopher beanies (Jane Richmond) which have been wildly successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, nice scarf pattern...
    The socks in progress are just incredibly cheerful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete