December 28, 2011

Beekeeper's Quilt progress

I wanted to post an end of the year update on my hexipuff quilt. Like all my other projects, I didn't work on this much since I started the vest. I knit a couple dozen hexagons and then I decided to add a neutral color to the other ones I chose for the blanket. I had a few balls of this new yarn and I recently got a few more from my lys. I really like bright colors mixed in with light, natural tones.

I sewed a few of the hexagons together, mostly to see if I could. I was a little worried that I'd have tons of little knitted pieces and no way to join them. I'm very pleased that my sewing skills seem to have improved a lot and I really like how the fabric looks. Sewing the hexagons together is very addictive, the only thing that stopped me from adding more is that I don't have any more in the new color. I'll definitely be working on this project again in the new year!

Beekeeper's Quilt

Καθώς πλησιάζει το τέλος της χρονιάς, ήθελα να γράψω για την πρόοδο της κουβέρτας με τα εξάγωνα. Όπως και τα άλλα πλεκτά μου, δεν έχω ασχοληθεί πολύ με την κουβέρτα, από τότε που ξεκίνησα το γιλέκο. Έπλεξα μερικές δεκάδες εξάγωνα και μετά αποφάσισα να προσθέσω άλλο ένα, ουδέτερο χρώμα στα άλλα που είχα ήδη διαλέξει. Είχα ήδη μερικές μπάλες από αυτό το νήμα και πήρα πρόσφατα μερικές ακόμα. Μου αρέσει σαν συνδυασμός τα έντονα χρώματα με πιο ανοιχτά.

Έραψα μερικά από τα εξάγωνα, κυρίως για να δω αν μπορώ. Είχα αγχωθεί λίγο ότι θα είχα εκατοντάδες μικρά κομματάκια και δεν θα μπορούσα να τα ενώσω. Χαίρομαι πολύ που έχω γίνει καλύτερη στο ράψιμο και μου αρέσει πολύ το ύφασμα της κουβέρτας. Είναι αρκετά εθιστικό το ράψιμο, το μόνο που με σταμάτησε είναι ότι δεν έχω άλλα εξάγωνα στο καινούριο χρώμα. Θα συνεχίσω οπωσδήποτε αυτό το πλεκτό σύντομα!

4 comments:

  1. Πολύ ωραία !!ότι πρέπει να αξιοποιηθούν διαφορετικά νήματα!!
    Καλή Πρωτοχρονιά.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Εύχομαι το νέο έτος να διώξει μακριά τη θλίψη και να αφήσει στη θέση της ,
    μόνο χαρά και ευτυχία!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - it is so amazing how different this looks in different colour choices. Love the schema you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete