December 14, 2011

Tweed yarn for a Brynja cardigan

I'm still working on the final details for the vest, but I've already started knitting other projects. I made a Meret hat this weekend with some lovely Malabrigo Worsted yarn and I'll be posting pictures soon. I also knit a swatch for a new cardigan and I'm very excited.

I've been looking forward to knitting Brynja for a while, unfortunately I discovered the pattern while I was about halfway through the vest. I waited though, kept knitting the vest and now, finally, I can start the cardigan! I washed and measured my swatch, the gauge is perfect and I think this evening I'll start with a sleeve. I always leave the sleeves for the end and then I never feel like knitting them. I think this will be a great winter cardigan and I hope to finish it during the holidays.

The yarn is Donegal Aran Tweed by Studio Donegal and it's so pretty. I chose a beautiful oatmeal color for the main color and the flowers will be fuchsia. I can't wait to cast on!

yarn

Έχω ακόμα μερικά πράγματα να κάνω με το γιλέκο, αλλά ήδη ξεκίνησα να πλέκω καινούρια πράγματα. Έπλεξα ένα σκουφάκι Meret το σαββατοκύριακο με το υπέροχο νήμα Malabrigo Worsted. Θα σας δείξω φωτογραφίες σύντομα! Επίσης έπλεξα ένα δοκιμαστικό κομματάκι για ένα καινούριο ζακετάκι και είμαι πολύ ενθουσιασμένη.

Θέλω εδώ και καιρό να πλέξω το Brynja αλλά δυστυχώς ανακάλυψα αυτό το υπέροχο σχέδιο όταν ήμουν κάπου στη μέση του γιλέκου. Περίμενα, έκανα υπομονή, συνέχισα να πλέκω το γιλέκο και τώρα επιτέλους μπορώ να ξεκινήσω το ζακετάκι! Έπλυνα το δοκιμαστικό κομματάκι και μέτρησα τους πόντους - διάλεξα το σωστό νούμερο βελόνες οπότε μπορώ να ξεκινήσω απόψε! Νομίζω ότι θα κάνω πρώτα τα μανίκια, συνήθως τα κάνω στο τέλος και τότε δεν έχω πολύ όρεξη να τα πλέξω. Νομίζω ότι θα γίνει ωραίο χειμωνιάτικο ζακετάκι και ελπίζω να το τελειώσω μέσα στις γιορτές.

Το νήμα είναι Donegal Aran Tweed από το Studio Donegal και είναι πανέμορφο. Διάλεξα ένα υπέροχο γκρι-μπεζ για το βασικό χρώμα και τα λουλούδια θα είναι φουξ! Ανυπομονώ να ξεκινήσω το πλέξιμο!


swatch for Brynja cardigan

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished vest modeled!

    Brynja is a gorgeous pattern -- and very challenging. Good for you for diving in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors together are going to make a lovely Brynja.

    ReplyDelete