December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are all having a lovely time :)

We had a little change of plans this year, I suddenly got quite sick yesterday, probably a virus and I have been miserable. I'm really disappointed because I had promised my mother that I would do all the cooking this year and she ended up doing all of it after all. She is wonderful and I can't thank her enough for making this day a wonderful Christmas after all :)

I always bake something at Christmas, a cake or a pie, it's become a tradition. I really didn't feel like making anything, so I'm glad I bought these:

in the kitchen

We've been busy these days and at least I managed to do a few things yesterday morning.

We also started cooking a few things yesterday :) With hindsight, that was an excellent idea!

cooking

cooking

I got some last minute presents for my parents (although I didn't see my father today as planned) and something for my mother. Her real present is a pair of socks (and more pairs as I knit them!) but I haven't grafted the toes and I don't trust myself to do it with a high fever. It could be a disaster!

Here's my new yarn: a lovely package with glittery snowflakes in the bag with the yarn.

Two skeins of hand dyed sock yarn from Laughing Yaffle.

Snowberries

sock yarn

and Violet Creams

I can't wait to knit with these, they look amazing! And I'll definitely be ordering more yarn from Laughing Yaffle soon. She has some lovely colors.

New socks: knit with Regia Kaffe Fassett Design Line in Exotic Easter. I'm knitting these two at a time and I think this is the cure for my second sock syndrome. Also, it's a lot easier to match up the stripes.

socks

We've been listening to Christmas songs...

My mother made an amazing turkey...

And we watched our favorite movie for this time of year...It's a tradition, we've been watching it every Christmas since I was little. We know every single line. And we laugh every time.

Merry Christmas!

socks

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those skeins look positively delicious! And the socks look great, I wonder if my LYS has that yarn, I must go check.

    I hope you feel better soon, and have a great Christmas weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina thank you for your wishes! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Χρονια Πολλα. Ευχομαι το 2010 που ερχεται να σου φερει τα καλυτερα.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Αλεξανδρίτσα χρόνια πολλά και περαστικά εύχομαι!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Christmas vcacation, but our family watches The Grinch, Christmas Story and Charlie Brown during Christmas week.

    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Εύα, Δημιουργία σας ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ!

    Thea thank you! I definitely recommend Christmas Vacation, it's very funny! :)

    ReplyDelete