September 25, 2009

Packing

I'm getting ready for my trip to Athens and even though I swore I wouldn't leave things to do at the last minute, I still have a lot of things to do. This is my first trip as a serious knitter and I have a brand new skein of sock yarn and new needles all ready to go. But I want to take another project along, just in case I finish the socks. I thought mittens would be a good idea, small like socks and easy to carry. However, the mittens that I bought yarn for have charts and require more concentration than a simple st st sock.

So, maybe another pair of socks? I could take my current sock in progress, but then that wouldn't be a whole new project, because I've already knit almost half of the first sock already. Although, three and a half socks in ten days? That's one sock every three days. I can't knit that fast and I'll be doing other things too!

I hate packing this time of year. The weather is unpredictable, it's still quite warm, but it could rain too. It's not really the right time of year for summer clothes but when it's sunny, it doesn't feel right to wear fall clothes either. I'm confused and I have to pack and I'm worried that the clothes I just washed won't be dry in time.

How did this happen? What did I do yesterday instead of laundry? Well... I started knitting a Vinterblomster mitten instead. I modified it a bit, instead of garter stitch I made a little hem at the cuff. I think I like it. I didn't have time for pictures, I'll post some when I get back.

I got a new mobile internet usb thingy and I just tried it out - it works great! Next blog post will be from Athens!


Καλησπέρα! Ετοιμάζομαι για το ταξίδι στην Αθήνα και παρόλο που είπα ότι αυτή τη φορά δεν θα τα αφήσω όλα τελευταία στιγμή, έχω ακόμα πολλά πράγματα να κάνω. Είναι το πρώτο μου ταξίδι από τότε που ξεκίνησα σοβαρά το πλέξιμο και έχω αγοράσει καινούριο νήμα για κάλτσες και καινούριες βελόνες. Αλλά ήθελα και κάτι ακόμα, μη τυχόν και τελείωσω τις κάλτσες και δεν έχω τι να πλέξω. Σκέφτηκα ότι μια καλή ιδέα θα ήταν γάντια, είναι μικρά και ελαφριά σαν τις κάλτσες. Αλλά το νήμα που έχω πάρει είναι για ένα σχέδιο που έχει.. σχέδιο και θέλει προσοχή, πολύ παραπάνω από μια απλή κάλτσα.

Οπότε άλλο ένα ζευγάρι κάλτσες λοιπόν. Μάλλον θα πάρω την κάλτσα που σας έδειξα. Στην αρχή δεν ήθελα, γιατί έχω πλέξει ήδη μισή κάλτσα και πάλι, φοβάμαι μήπως δεν μου φτάσει. Αλλά μετά σκέφτηκα, για δέκα μέρες πάω και έχω να πλέξω πάνω από τρεις κάλτσες. Θα έπρεπε δηλαδή να πλέκω μια ολόκληρη κάλτσα κάθε τρεις μέρες. Δεν μπορώ να πλέξω τόσο γρήγορα και έχω και άλλα πράγματα να κάνω.

Δεν μου αρέσει να κάνω βαλίτσα τέτοια εποχή. Δεν είναι καιρός ούτε για τα καλοκαιρινά ρούχα ούτε για τα φθινοπωρινά. Και αν βρέξει; Είμαι μπερδεμένη και διαλέγω ρούχα και αγχώνομαι ότι κάτι ρούχα που έπλυνα δεν θα προλάβουν να στεγνώσουν.

Πώς έγινε αυτό λοιπόν; Γιατί δεν έβαλα τα πλυντήρια χθες; Ξεκίνησα να πλέκω ένα γάντι Vinterblomster. Το άλλαξα λίγο το σχέδιο στην αρχή και νομίζω ότι μου αρέσει. Φωτογραφίες όταν γυρίσω, δεν πρόλαβα!

Πήρα ένα καινούριο πραγματάκι για ασύρματο ίντερνετ και μόλις το δοκίμασα, δουλεύει τέλεια! Η επόμενη ανάρτηση θα είναι από την Αθήνα!

6 comments:

  1. Καλο ταξιδι!!!
    Σε περιμενω με αγωνια, εχω αγορασει ολων των ειδών τους καφεδες για να σε καλυψω γιατι δεν ξερω τι καφε πίνεις και αν δεν σου αρεσει ο καφες πηρα και πρασινο τσαϊ χα!χα!
    θΑ ΣΕ ΠΑΩ ΕΓΩ ΝΑ ΔΕΙς ΝΗΜΑΤΑ, ΣΧΕΔΙΑ ΚΑΙ ΒΕΛΟΝΕς ΠΟΥ ΔΕΝ ΘΑ ΠΛΕΞΕΙς ΜΟΝΟ ΑΥΤΑ ΠΟΥ ΠΗΡΕς ΜΑΖΙ ΣΟΥ! θα δεις!!!!!!

    Με τις βαλιτζες μοιαζουμε καλε χα!χα! τοξοτης εισαι; της τελευταίας στιγμης και εσυ;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip and your time in Athens!
    I hope you'll also have fun at the knitting meeting.
    Mouts,
    Philhellene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Καλό σου ταξίδι και καλά να περάσεις! Η Πουαντερίτσα είναι φανταστικός άνθρωπος και σίγουρα θα απολάυσεις κάθε δευτερόλεπτο μαζί της!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choices, choices! At least it's an excuse to have another project otn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip!

    I have problems with how to dress the kids this time of year. It's cold in the morning (yesterday about 3C. But it still gets warm during the day, so you can't really dress them in a bunch of woolly clothes either. Really annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Πουαντερί και εγώ ανυπομονώ να σε γνωρίσω!!! :)

    Philhellene thank you!!! I'm really excited about the knitting meeting!

    Πλεκτό Εγκώμιο ευχαριστώ!

    Amybel it's the perfect excuse! I don't even feel guilty about it! ;)

    Nina wow that's cold in the morning! Here it's something like 15C in the morning and we think it's cold!!!

    ReplyDelete