August 08, 2011

Whippoorwill

We recently took some pictures of my finished and blocked Whippoorwill shawl. I knit the large size and it's big! I love this shawl and every time I look at it, I think "I can't believe I made that!" I'd also like to knit this pattern again in the medium size and with colors that have a bit more contrast.

Whippoorwill shawl

Βγάλαμε φωτογραφίες το σάλι μου Whippoorwill. Έπλεξα το μεγάλο μέγεθος και είναι πράγματι πολύ μεγάλο! Λατρεύω αυτό το σάλι και κάθε φορά που το κοιτάω σκέφτομαι "Δεν το πιστεύω ότι το έπλεξα!" Θα μου άρεζε να ξαναπλέξω το σχέδιο, στο μεσαίο μέγεθος και με χρώματα που έχουν περισσότερη αντίθεση.

Whippoorwill shawl

I knit this with Fleece Artist Merino 2/6 sock yarn. It has a nice texture and it feels a lot softer after blocking. The colors are beautiful!

Whippoorwill shawl

Το νήμα είναι Fleece Artist Merino 2/6 (νήμα για κάλτσες). Έχει πολύ ωραία υφή και μετά το πλύσιμο είναι πολύ πιο απαλό. Τα χρώματα είναι πανέμορφα!

Whippoorwill shawl

Pattern // Σχέδιο: Whippoorwill by Carina Spencer

Yarn // Νήμα: Fleece Artist Merino 2/6 (Blush and Ruby Red)

Needles // Βελόνες: 2.75 mm

Ravelry

Whippoorwill shawl

7 comments:

  1. It is lovely. I think the colours have just the right amount of contrast - I love the pairing you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous shawl! I agree with the previous comment, the monochromatic contrast is lvoely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Stellar job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you're wearing it! I just bought the Whippoorwill pattern yesterday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour you choose is lovely and the contrast is ideal. I like this shawl a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. As you know, I hope to make one just like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where were your beautiful pictures taken? I was just in Greece and I am in love with the place! I want to come back sometime that is not the dead of summer!!

    ReplyDelete